• How far away do you want to move from home/friends?
• What’s the average class size of the college?
• Do they offer the major you prefer?
• What is the overall feel of the town surrounding the school?
• Are there housing options that will make the transition easier?
Your college decision will shape the next four years of your life. If it is going to be a college away from home, the dorm life is definitely the best choice! Why is that you may ask?
• RA’s in the dorm will do their best to provide a fun and easy adjustment for resident’s first year away from home! This is important so students have a smooth transition into college.
• Everyone is pretty much going to be in the same boat! If you’re a freshman you will probably be surrounded by other freshman!
• There is much more structure in the dorm life style. This structure will help students adjust, make new friends, and be successful their first year!