The time is coming once more, the Christmas trees, the cookies and milk, and to all you senior high school students, it's about time to make a decision that will start your journey towards “adulthood”! This is an exciting time for both students and parents, but it is also a very nerve racking time as well. There is so much to think about, and really it feels like everything is moving so quickly it's hard to keep up. It is important to take a deep breath and make sure to pick the right college for you. When you're applying here are some tips to think about:
• How far away do you want to move from home/friends?
• What’s the average class size of the college?
• Do they offer the major you prefer?
• What is the overall feel of the town surrounding the school?
• Are there housing options that will make the transition easier?
Your college decision will shape the next four years of your life. If it is going to be a college away from home, the dorm life is definitely the best choice! Why is that you may ask?
• RA’s in the dorm will do their best to provide a fun and easy adjustment for resident’s first year away from home! This is important so students have a smooth transition into college.
• Everyone is pretty much going to be in the same boat! If you’re a freshman you will probably be surrounded by other freshman!
• There is much more structure in the dorm life style. This structure will help students adjust, make new friends, and be successful their first year!
We are so excited to welcome our new residents this Fall! As you prepare for move in, here are some suggestions of items to bring to your new apartment! Assuming you selected a furnished option, you only need a few items to make your apartment feel like home!