Our residents from the past school year have moved out and gone home. Our incoming residents for the upcoming school year are graduating High School. Everything is going by so quickly! Here are some tips for the summer.
1. Register for an early orientation date. You do not want classes to fill up before you have had a chance to register!
2. Stop by SouthGate for a tour while you are in Tallahassee. We would love to see you!
3. The Facebook roommate matching group has opened so you will want to start finding your roommate before everyone else is matched.
4. Get excited for your first year of college!
Closer and closer summer is slowly creeping towards us, and nothing is better than some summer fun in the sun! Its important to remember to study for finals, so here are some tips to help make that summer transition a breeze!
1. Make sure you study for those finals early! SouthGate is going to be holding study breaks in the Dining Hall all finals week, so you can take a quick break from grinding away at the books and study guides.
2. Relax! Stressing has never solved anything; if you study and understand what you’re doing don’t overthink it! You can’t do any better than your absolute best.
3. Make sure you bring your test taking tools! Nothing is worse than frantically searching for a No. 2 pencil seconds before a test.
4. Read each question carefully, don’t get a wrong answer just because you glanced at the question and didn’t understand it.
5. Once the test is over, enjoy your summer! Take time to relax, spend time with friends and family, and enjoy the time that you have off. It’s summer, have some fun!
As we move into April SouthGate is getting plenty of interested parents and prospective residents strolling through our doors for a tour. Here are some friendly tips and reminders for parents coming in for their first tour:
1. There is no appointment required, come right into the front office any day between 10 AM – 4:30 PM and one of our friendly RAs would be happy to give you a tour!
2. Don’t be shy, feel free to talk to the RA giving your tour! They love hearing about your interests, where you’re from, what your major is, and other cool facts about yourself!
3. Go ahead and ask questions, that’s what the tour is for anyway isn’t it? Our RAs are trained to answer any questions to the best of their knowledge so feel free to ask away!
4. Enjoy yourself! Our tours are meant to be an experience, moving into your Freshman dorm is a monumental moment in your life so don’t take your first visit for granted!