Closer and closer summer is slowly creeping towards us, and nothing is better than some summer fun in the sun! Its important to remember to study for finals, so here are some tips to help make that summer transition a breeze!
1. Make sure you study for those finals early! SouthGate is going to be holding study breaks in the Dining Hall all finals week, so you can take a quick break from grinding away at the books and study guides.
2. Relax! Stressing has never solved anything; if you study and understand what you’re doing don’t overthink it! You can’t do any better than your absolute best.
3. Make sure you bring your test taking tools! Nothing is worse than frantically searching for a No. 2 pencil seconds before a test.
4. Read each question carefully, don’t get a wrong answer just because you glanced at the question and didn’t understand it.
5. Once the test is over, enjoy your summer! Take time to relax, spend time with friends and family, and enjoy the time that you have off. It’s summer, have some fun!
As we move into April SouthGate is getting plenty of interested parents and prospective residents strolling through our doors for a tour. Here are some friendly tips and reminders for parents coming in for their first tour:
1. There is no appointment required, come right into the front office any day between 10 AM – 4:30 PM and one of our friendly RAs would be happy to give you a tour!
2. Don’t be shy, feel free to talk to the RA giving your tour! They love hearing about your interests, where you’re from, what your major is, and other cool facts about yourself!
3. Go ahead and ask questions, that’s what the tour is for anyway isn’t it? Our RAs are trained to answer any questions to the best of their knowledge so feel free to ask away!
4. Enjoy yourself! Our tours are meant to be an experience, moving into your Freshman dorm is a monumental moment in your life so don’t take your first visit for granted!
March is finally here! The flowers are blooming, we lost an hour of sleep, and spring break is just around the corner! With that being said, March is without a doubt one of the busiest months of the year. Here are some things to definitely look out for this month!
1) FSU is killing it in basketball this season! Selection Sunday is on the 17th, be on the lookout for where FSU is seeded and make sure to cheer on your Noles as they try and fight their way to a National Championship!
2) Spring Break is almost here and everyone is very excited! Before the fun in the sun however, one rite of passage remains… Midterms! Make sure you study hard and utilize our study rooms here at SouthGate to prepare for your tests and have a break free of stress.
3) Once everyone returns from break SouthGate will be holding our 2nd social of the month, Cirque du SouthGate! It will be a can’t miss event filled with inflatables, games, cotton candy, snow cones, and opportunities to win prizes!