- SouthGate has a team of FHP and Tallahassee Police Officers that have been helping our students for over 10 years. They are here seven nights a week to give you peace of mind while your student is away from home. Parents can feel comfortable at move in, and get a chance to speak to the officers that will be taking care of their students throughout the year.
- Parking is available in our private garage so that you can avoid the hectic parking scenes of Tallahassee and FSU. At SouthGate students don’t have to worry about finding a spot, they have their own assigned space right next to the dorm.
- SouthGate has an on-site resident advisor staff who are trained and dedicated to making our residents’ stay at SouthGate as comfortable as possible. Social activities are frequently planned to help residents meet new people and just have a good time.
- The Fitness Center at SouthGate will keep residents in shape with ellipticals, treadmills, machine weights, and a wide variety of free weights.
- If you’re working with financial aid or Florida Pre Pay, we have a deferment plan for your loans, grants, or scholarships. Parents and students can pay for their room and board with financial aid. They can pay in advance by July 1 and save $300.00 or pay in installments to stretch their payments out over 10 installments.
- SouthGate’s meal plan package allows students the freedom to get what they need on their schedule. Whether it’s fruit before class, a snack, or a meal, enjoy our home-cooked entrees, endless made- to-order selections, an always healthy 25-item salad bar, and the popular slushy and ice cream treats. You can’t beat having all this right downstairs from where you live!
SouthGate is committed to academic pursuits by offering parents a complete student living package giving our students everything they need to be successful for their first year of college. Focusing on school and doing well freshman year, our students have everything provided for; all of their housing costs and meal plan, cable and internet, as well as their utilities and even weekly housekeeping; a whole room and board package.